• Daily maintenance and general clean-up of paver
• Lute, shovel, tamp, vibra-plate and other labor duties
• Make screed adjustments to ensue proper strike-offs and depths of asphalt
• Proper joint construction
• Checking grades with level to ensure proper water flow
• Help with job site clean up at the end of the day
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of the paving process
• Ability to follow direction of the supervisor and other crewmembers.
• Previous asphalt or related construction experience is preferred.
• Able and willing to work outdoors in extreme heat and cold.
• Constant physical effort is required. The work shift will last at least eight hours and requires constant standing, stooping, bending, crouching, and lifting.
• Must be able to lift, spread, and move materials by hand or hand tools such as shovels and wheelbarrows.