• Ensuring the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
• Ensuring high standards in quality of completed work.
• Training new crew members.
• Calculating the number of trucks required to haul asphalt from the hot plant according to vehicle capacity, traffic conditions, distance from work site, and productivity of drivers.
• Responsible for yield, grades and proper water flow
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints
• Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing
• Maintains contact with hot mix plant on daily tonnage and production of crew
• Revises work assignments as required by priorities and work availability
• Performs other assignments as needed
• Supervising: 2 years (Required)
• Paving/Asphalt: 5 years (Required)
• Drivers License with DOT Medical card
• Able and willing to work outdoors in extreme heat and cold.
• Constant physical effort is required. The work shift will last at least eight hours and requires constant standing, stooping, bending, crouching, and lifting.
• Must be able to lift, spread, and move materials by hand or hand tools such as shovels and wheelbarrows.