• Rake, lute and shovel asphalt, stone and other materials as needed
• Prepare surfaces for paving after initial prep by others.
• Distribute asphalt material
• Finish surfaces by smoothing and tamping to grade and planned thickness
• Assist with traffic control, barricades, cones, etc.
• Spray Tac oil prior to overlays
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of the paving process
• Ability to follow direction of the supervisor and other crewmembers.
• Previous asphalt or related construction experience is preferred.
• Able and willing to work outdoors in extreme heat and cold.
• Constant physical effort is required. The work shift will last at least eight hours and requires constant standing, stooping, bending, crouching, and lifting.
• Must be able to lift, spread, and move materials by hand or hand tools such as shovels and wheelbarrows.